When a large number of birds flock together in a roosting site, it can lead to serious consequences such as:
- Contamination of raw materials and finished goods, causing revenue losses.
- Birds can cause property damage by dislodging roof tiles, blocking the guttering system with their nests and leaving droppings that corrode building material.
- Safety risks to employees and customers – slippery bird droppings may cause slip and fall accidents.
- Suspension of business and audit failures due to poor hygiene sighted during an inspection.
- Food contamination that may lead to business closure/ suspension by public health authorities.
- Negative impact on business image and reputation.
- Awful sight of bird droppings can discourage potential customer.
- Bird droppings may fall on customers, resulting in negative reviews from the bad experience and potentially complaints.
- Birds can become aggressive and attack the employees or customers, especially during their breeding season when they are defending their young.