From mice and rats to squirrels and beavers, there are thousands of rodent species in the world. But, rodent control in Dubai is generally done on mice and rats. Other species of rodents don’t pose a direct threat as they rarely appear in households and commercial spaces.
Mice and rats stick around human beings, causing property damage and posing serious health risks. They transfer germs from their body, urine and faeces, and gnaw through possibly anything on the premises, it can be electrical cables, bags, pipes, etc. So, never spare these pests thinking they are harmless. They are notorious for causing short circuits and fire outbreaks!
If you happen to hear squeaking or scratching noise, you probably need rodent control in your building. At Al Madeena Pest Control, we recommend that you always find an expert solution for rodent problems because they are extremely hard to deal with.
What are the possible signs of a rodent infestation?
A rodent infestation can be easily identified in the following ways:
- Droppings: Mice and rats leave their droppings in and around your building. Both their droppings have the same pellet-like appearance except for the size. But, mice’s droppings are smaller than rats’.
- Burrows: Rats are excellent diggers. If you find burrows or holes in your compound, it means rats have accessed your premises.
- Gnaw marks: Rodents have to constantly gnaw to keep their teeth in good shape. If you discover any scratches or gnaw marks on your property, they are telltale signs of rodent activities.
- Smell of ammonia: Rat urine and droppings give off an unpleasant ammonia-like smell. If your attic or cupboard has it, be sure rodents are behind it.
- Paper or carton shreds: If you notice shreds of paper lying around near the cartons, books or paper bundles that are stored away in your house, it is a sign of rodent infestation.
- Squeaking noise: Rodents produce a squeaking noise, especially during nights. If you’re experiencing this, you can either check for other signs or call a pest control expert to confirm.
Why should you control rats?
- Rodents can pose the following risks:
- Risk of diseases: Rats can be life-threatening. Their urine, droppings, hair all carry deadly viruses and bacteria, capable of making you sick.
- Some of the diseases rats are responsible for are:
- Risk of property damage: Rats can set your house on fire. Their constant gnawing has resulted in short circuits in homes. Electric wires, gas pipes, etc. are some of their favourite gnawing spots.
- Risk of losing reputation: Rats running around in a restaurant can give the impression of an unhygienic place. The business will gradually lose its reputation and customers and even face the wrath of the authorities.
- Once they get access to a hideout in your building, rodents will start breeding, making extermination a difficult procedure. So, look for signs and schedule an appointment with your pest control company immediately
How to prevent rodents from nesting in your building?
- Rodents make their own way to enter your building. They can come through the drainage or climbing trees or creating burrows from your neighbour’s property. However, you can control them in the following ways:
- By not disposing of the food waste in the open
- By securing your compound without leaving any cracks open
- By looking for signs and seeking expert pest control support.
Why choose Al Madeena Pest Control for rodent control in Dubai?
- At Al Madeena Pest Control, we understand your needs and the need for controlling rodents in your home too. We have been dealing with rats and a range of other household and commercial pests in Dubai and across the UAE for over a decade. Whether it is killing one mouse or destroying their whole nest, we have the solution.
- We offer different treatments for rodents including baits and traps, which are safer for kids and pets. In extreme cases, we also do rodent fumigation, taking all precautions. However, the right treatment can only be decided after an initial inspection. The inspection helps us identify their nest, assess the extent of infestations and customise a solution for your problem. Since mice and rats are household pests, we are extremely careful about the safety of your property, people and possessions.
- If you see any signs of rodent infestation in your home or business premises, give us a call immediately. We offer rodent control services in Dubai and across the UAE.